Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just Some Thoughts. . . .

I just wanted to put some thoughts down on the eve of the retirement of a good friend of mine. Bill has been a medic partner, a fire captain, a supervisor and many other things to me and a lot of other people in this department. I do not think that there is a person in this department who has not been influenced in one way or another by Bill. He has precepted paramedic students, and trained rookie firemen and one of his last accomplishments is that he gets to walk out of here on his own two feet, healthy and happy. I cannot even begin to imagine what it must feel like to know that you almost never have to look at a shift calendar, or wake up in the middle of the night (unless YOU have to pee) or even drive the 91 during rush hour. I can't wait. I think it is the adventure of the second half of life. A change. I will post pictures of the party that we are having tomorrow partly because it will be a time of celebration but also because there will be quite a few of the "other ones". Those who made it to retirement healthy and happy, come to collect one more into their fold!!!!

Congrats Bill!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: