Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Day

So yes, if you haven't already heard June 15th was my birthday. Number 49. Not quite a half a century but getting closer every day. So let me get straight to the point..... It was a great day. Let me describe it for you.

I left from work in the morning at around 8am and just before I left I was rushed by my fireman and an engineer who had found out that the day was my birthday.
My friend Allen bought me my first cup of coffee at Starbucks on the way home.
When I got home, I found this!!!!





Gifts and my favorite dessert, chocolate Graham cracker cookie.... Wonderful....stuff....

Then this.........




Which ultimately led to this.......




And this........




And even this ......




It was an awesome time. And when I got home, an awesome dinner and the movie "Battle Los Angeles" (total dude movie). And then, and I will have a whole other blog post for this one, but I was inundated with what seem like over a hundred "well wishes" for my birthday on Facebook !!!! People from all different times of my life, current firefighters and retired firefighters, people from my present church and from old Calvary days. I even got a Happy Birthday from a girl I went to kindergarten with!!!! (but like I said that will be a whole other post).

What an awesome day!!!!. Thank you to everyone who played a part and especially to my family and my beautiful Cindy!!!!!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: