Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Brotherhood




I am constantly reminded of the friendships and loyalty to the guys I work with and the brotherhood of Firefighters that goes beyond the boundaries of departments.
A fire firefighter dies in San Francisco and we are affected. 343 firefighters die in New York and the firefighters in Venice, Italy, as well as the rest of the world and we are impacted (I saw that first hand). Experts call it the "foxhole" mentality. That the guy next to you, fighting fire, risking their lives, seeing and experiencing the same carnage, living in the same foxhole, is your "true friend", your brother. At times you may not like them or they get under your skin, but in times of need and when all the world is in chaos, they have your back. They carry and support you all the while knowing that you would do the same for them.

I am proud to be called one of the brothers.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Fire Station 34

No comments: