Saturday, March 3, 2012

1 Thessalonians 2:11, 12

S - Just as you know how we were exhorting and encouraging and imploring each one of you as a father would his own children, so that you would walk in a manner worthy of the God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory. (1 Thessalonians 2:11, 12 NASB)

O - One of the most important phrases in this passage is "so that you would walk in a manner worthy of the God who calls you...." How often do I fit the bill for that. How often am I worthy? How often do I walk in such a way that God is proud of me? I can honestly say . . . not often enough!!!!!

A - If I am to be call a son of God, a child of the Creator, then I need to act like it. I need to represent the name of God by my actions and speech. Not just on Sundays and when I am around those people who are also Christians but especially around those who believe differently or have different values. Thereby they KNOW who I believe in and am a child of!!!

P - Lord, help me to strive to be worthy of the calling to be your child. May those around me me you and your name written on all that I do and say. Selah


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: