Wednesday, March 7, 2012

1 Thessalonians 4:7, 8

S - For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification. So, he who rejects this is not rejecting man but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you. (1 Thessalonians 4:7, 8 NASB)


O - God gives us specific reasoning as to why we are called. Simply, he did not call us to be bad but good. To live a Godly life, not an ungodly one. And not only does he set the record straight but also moves the responsibility to us. If we don't like it then take it up with God.. . . no one else. He wrote it. He inspired it. He gives his Holy Spirit to us. If we don't like it, then the argument lies with God not man.

A - How often do I revel in the impurity. Live imbedded in the sins of man. All the time. My argument is not with man, it is not with the words on the page. It is with the one who wrote the book, who sent his Son to die and give us His Holy Spirit. How can I argue against the Creator of the universe. I cannot. I need to strive to live in the sanctification that God provides. Daily

P - Lord, cleanse me from the impurity in which I live. Help me to live and breath in the shadow of your care. And know that my hope and security comes from you. Thank you again for the comfort of your Holy Spirit you send. I love you Jesus. Selah



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: