Friday, March 9, 2012

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

S - For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 NASB)

O - These words are meant to comfort. Why? I think because number one we are meeting the Savior in the clouds. It is the rapture, it is the beginning of the rest of our existence, an existence with God. Secondly we meet those who have died before us. We are "caught up together with them". We see them, be with them, fly with them. Totally exciting

A - I need to be comforted by these words when I encounter those around me who have died, that we will see each other once again. And also be comforted by the fact that my Heavenly Father has a plan to get me up to heaven and he is letting me in on it.

P - Lord, help me to live like you are coming today. Give me an excitement to meet you in the sky and to look to my left and right and see my brothers and sisters in Christ. Selah

No comments: