Monday, February 13, 2012

40 Days of Fasting




At church on Sunday, the pastor has challenged the entire church body to forty days of fasting. Now it is not 40 days of not eating or drinking, but 40 days of giving up something that you will miss. Now I would love to give up broccoli or vacuuming, that would be easy. The purpose is that when you come upon that time of the day when you would be partaking, you turn that desire from "you centered" to "God centered". Very interesting concept. I had not thought of fasting that way.

Anyway what I am giving up for 40 days, soda for one (but that will be easy). The harder one will be . . . . COFFEE!!!! This will be a tough, very tough.

I love coffee

I'm easily a three to four cup a day person . . . all day . . . everyday . . .

40 days.

ps If you see me in the next 6 weeks and I am grumpy, agitated and on edge, just know that I am working on my "God centeredness"!!!!!!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: