Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Friend Connection

I started using the Facebook web site what seemed like years ago. For me it started out as a simple method of finding friends from my old church but then as time progressed it became friends from high school, then more friends from church then friends from work. It never ended. I reconnected with people I had gone to school in Europe with, college at CSUF, members of the fire department, even someone I remember sitting next to in kindergarten!!! It was unending. Even when Cindy got involved in it, friends from her work joined in. It was interesting. I could find people who I had seen or heard from in years, and catch a glimpse of their lives today. This Friendship Connection was never more apparent than when on my birthday this year I received a ton of Happy Birthday wishes from friends everywhere. Work friends, retired friends, friends from high school, college, work, church and yes, even kindergarten.
But while I enjoy connecting and reconnecting will these people, there are a few that have become real friends, helping me when I am down and out, listening to me, forgiving, not judging and there for me. These are invaluable friends. Friends everyone needs in their lives. And I am glad these have developed in my life.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: