Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Minor Setback

I got a call from Cindy yesterday morning saying it was raining.  I quickly looked outside and saw sun and was a little confused until she said "No, in Zach's room!!" The tile setter had punched a small hole in the pipes for the shower and unbeknownst to us it had filled the space between the floors until it found a way out; through dry-wall seems, light fixtures, ceiling fans, it was quite the water park.  Zach turned the water off to the entire house and by the time I got there a lot of the waterfall had abated, so we quick called the contractor and he had someone there within the hour.  Disaster averted.  So now we are replacing drywall all over.  I could not even imagine building a whole house much less re- drywalling an entire bedroom ceiling.  I'll stick to firefighting much easier!!!!!

No comments: