Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fate


I think it is interesting how we get places. I do not put forth that I can see or know the future, no one can, but I do feel there is a plan and for that matter a purpose, I have to. We are designed from the beginning. Yes we make choices and turn to the left or the right, but I cannot get past the fact that there is a path that we are "fated" to follow. Webster defines fate as "that which is inevitably predetermined; destiny". The only thing at times that keeps me going is even though my life is charted, there is a purpose behind the events in my life.  I choose to believe that without a purpose there is no meaning and without meaning, my  life becomes meaningless.  There is meaning to every event in my life, every path I cross and every corner I turn should impact me, positively and even at times negatively but that's my journey.  My goal is to be meaningful, to have purpose, to not live randomly by chance, not understanding that every decision leads somewhere.  Every plan has an outcome every journey leads somewhere and not by chance.  For me, to live randomly is to live without meaning.  This is my path, my journey and my purpose.

No comments: