Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day



I initially did not have high hopes for a exciting Father's Day this year. I had just got done working 48 hours and Cindy was spending the day at the hospital making sure things run smoothly as only she can make them. So I figured my day would go something like this..... Come home tired, find kids asleep, go to Church by myself send the afternoon watching TV or cleaning something that needed cleaning, dinner at a local restaurant and home to bed. Wooohooo.
But I was surprised. When I did get home I was not that tired and even though I went to the 9:00 service by myself at Northpoint, by the time I got home the kids were ready for the 11:00 service at Crossroads. The service was awesome every aspect of it. They had stuff for men to do afterwards with their families like Rock climbing, hackett and knife throwing, off-road course. car show, paintball, live rock band (first time I have ever heard Hotel California sung at a church) and a dozen other things. We then headed to Chronic Tacos for lunch (shrimp burritos) and then to Iron Man 2 in the afternoon. We picked up Cindy and headed to Kings Fish House for dinner and I ordered (for the first time) sushi and Zach and Jenna each tried a piece. While they were not to excited about it, I was in 7th heaven, it was awesome. Then to Target to shop for our trip to Hawaii. I had alot of fun and I had the power of Father's Day which means I can say things like, "Don't argue cause its Father's Day" and " I want to drive, cause its Father's Day". It was great.
Everything turned out OK. Until I realized I had forgotten to call my own dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day. Luckly I had 30 minutes before midnight and made it just under the wire. I was so busy worrying about My Father's Day that I forgot I had a Father. But dad, don't feel too bad. I missed mom on Mother's Day too.....

No comments: