Thursday, June 24, 2010

Adventure Travel


I guess this post was destine to happen. in a nutshell, I love to travel. We are headed to Hawaii in roughly 72 hours and I cant wait. Not just for the great fun that we are going to have but for the trip itself. I love every aspect especially the airport. At the airport, people are going somewhere or arriving from somewhere. It is fun to people watch there. but I digress. . . . When I get on a plane there is a sense of adventure, going someplace I have never been before and seeing something I have maybe only seen in pictures. I think I got this ability to travel from the days when as a kid my dad, every August, would load up the Chevy Van and tent trailer and the family would take off for a months adventure to . . . where ever. Across the United States, Pacific to Atlantic, Canada to the Gulf. I have see the Baseball, Football, Cowboy and Indian Halls of Fame. The petrified Forrest, the Niagara Falls, Times Square, The Ozarks. Been to every state in the Continental United States, even Maine. And now I get to go to Hawaii. Number 49 for me. I can't wait.

No comments: