Thursday, March 24, 2011

Longevity




I have been married for the last 20 years. I have stayed in my current job for almost 24 years. I have been a member of a church for almost my entire life. I have maintained longevity in all these areas. But I think that longevity means more than just being around for a long time. I think that it also requires an active participation. If it is marriage, then longevity requires communication, commitment and a desire to "go the distance". If it is church then longevity requires participation, and active participant in worship, giving and learning. If it is friendship then longevity requires partaking in that friends life and accepting the good with the bad, and being there for the good and bad. If it is work then the requirement is striving for excellence not mediocrity.

I want to have longevity in my life. I want to be long haul in all the things I do and with all the people I come in contact with, especially those family and friends who are close to me.

No comments: