Saturday, November 5, 2011

1906

I met a lady today, through the course of my work that was 105 years old. 105 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!! She was born in 1906. She was not feeling well and was unable to talk with us but after we left her I started to think about what would it be like to have 1 hour of uninterrupted conversation with her. What could I learn? What would she tell me? What were her experiences?

Theodor Roosevelt was President, WWI, The Roaring Twenties, The Great Depression (and the Recession), WWII, The Korean War, The Vietnam War, all the Gulf Wars, the first TV, the first computer (not to mention the ipod/iphone/ipad), JFK, FDR, Ike, Martin Luther King.

When she was born, there were only 45 states in the United States. No Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska and Hawaii.

And then she had the opportunity to watch her kids, grandkids, great grandkid, (and possibly more) all grow up.

I cannot even begin to imagine the world through her eyes. I would have loved to see it!!! I would have loved for an hour to talk to her.

105 . . . . wow!!!

No comments: