Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Paradise

Charles Lindbergh, as he was dying of cancer was given the opportunity to stay in New York and go through therapy that could possibly briefly extend his life or home to the island of Maui in Hawaii. Before two weeks ago I would have thought him crazy, but after having spent just a little time there I can easily see his point of view.
The moment we landed at LAX we knew we were back. The airport smelled of smoke, people were hurrying on their way not even bothering to look up or heaven forbid say hello.
Paradise was gone.
The soft sandy beaches, flip flops (my new shoe of choice) shorts and where the evening entertainment is the sunset on the beach and it never grows old. This is what we left. The happy part is that I know this place exists and I will be going back. Soon.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: